VA » Health Care » Aleda E. Lutz VA Medical Center, Saginaw, Michigan » Features
Aleda E. Lutz VA Medical Center, Saginaw, Michigan
- Are YOU on the fence about the COVID-19 Vaccine?
- Are YOU on the fence about the COVID-19 Vaccine? The vaccines developed to fight COVID-19 have been shown to be both safe and effective at preventing the disease. You may have heard inaccurate information about them.
- Women Who Delivered
- Deloris L. Ruddock spent the 73 years after her military service in relative anonymity. She was one of 855 Black women who served in the Women’s Army Corps, Officially known as 6888th Central Postal Directory Battalion.
- Be Physically Active
- Do you know if you’re getting the recommended amount of physical activity each week? The National Center for Health Promotion and Disease Prevention is highlighting the monthly topic “Be Physically Active.”
- Annie App
- Annie is a VA service that sends automated text messages to Veterans to help them stay focused on their self-care. This might include health related notifications, reminders, or motivational messages.
- VHA’s 75th anniversary
- Did you know we are celebrating a wonderful milestone in 2021? It’s the Veterans Health Administration’s (VHA’s) 75th anniversary! 2020 was a time of great change for the world. Learn many of VA’s accomplishments!
- COVID-19 Update
- News you can use regarding the latest call scam used on Veterans. Be aware if you receive one of these calls! Keep your personal information private! VA will never ask for your full social security number!
- A Flu Shot Protects You from Flu
- A flu Shot Can Help Protect You! The CDC estimates that 70-85 percent of flu-related deaths are in those 65 and older. If you get the flu when you’re over 65, you have more risk for sinus infections, and more.
- Great American SmokeOut
- Quitting tobacco is one of the most significant things you can do to improve your health and your family's health. And as soon as you stop using tobacco, the benefits begin.
- October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month
- Get recommended preventive services, including screening tests. Recommendations for preventive services depend on your age, sex, health status, and family history. Find out which screening tests are recommended for you!
- Our Medical Center Receives Five Star Rating!
- Aleda E. Lutz VA Medical Center – 1 out of 14 Michigan Hospitals to Receive Five-Star Rating for Patient Experience! Read the News Release in its Entirety! Kudos goes out to our dedicated and caring Medical Center Staff!